A few scrambled eggs, some bread, a few asparagus and a little prosciutto and you have an inventive, delicious appetizer.
- 8 slices french bread, cut at an angle about 1/4 inch thick
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 spears of asparagus, trimmed and steamed
- 8 slices thin sliced prosciutto
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- Brush bread slices with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toast until golden brown.
- Assemble as follows: A spoonful of scrambled egg, topped with one asparagus spear and wrapped in one slice prosciutto.
- Serve at once on a platter. If you warm the platter first, they will stay warm longer!