- 8 very thin slices of deli ham
- 4 poached eggs
- 2 raw eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups fresh soft bread crumbs (whirl 2–3 slices of fresh bread in your food processor)
- Preheat oven to 350. Crumple two slices of ham into a loose ball and put them in a small round ramekin or custard dish. Repeat with the remaining slices until you have 4 dishes full. Place the dishes on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place raw eggs in a shallow bowl, and crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Have a piece of wax paper or parchment ready. Using a slotted spoon, gently coat each poached egg in raw egg and then bread crumbs, patting the bread crumbs very gently into place. Place each crumbed egg on the wax paper as you finish.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium low heat until melted. Gently transfer eggs to skillet and brown in each side until lightly golden. Remove and serve at once on warmed plates with ruffled ham on the side.