- 4 slices of bread, lightly toasted
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 leaves romaine or bibb lettuce
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until it is done to your liking. Drain on paper towels and set aside, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack eggs into separate small bowls (not into the pan – this works much better, I promise!) and slide them in the pan. Cook them for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and then gently flip them. Cook them for another 15-30 seconds and then slide them out of the pan onto a plate.
- Assemble sandwiches as follows: Toast, spread generously with mayo, grind some pepper on the mayo, lettuce (you will probably have to fold the lettuce in half), tomato, bacon, egg, more mayo on the top piece of toast. Take a big bite. Be very happy.