Fill up your slow cooker with chicken, barley, veggies and broth to make this warm and comforting slow cooker chicken barley soup!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 5 cups chicken broth (I like the boxed Pacific and Imagine varieties)
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 1 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything but carrots, celery, salt and pepper in slow cooker and stir to mix. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon, shred into bite-sized pieces with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Put carrots and celery in microwave-safe dish with about 1/8 cup water. Microwave for 4 minutes. Add carrots and celery to soup.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.