Shrimp scampi meets ravioli in this elegant and easy recipe – a match made in heaven! Shrimp scampi ravioli is the best of both delicious dinner worlds.
- 12 large cheese ravioli – the best you can find!
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- Juice from one lemon
- Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil so that it is ready when you want to cook the ravioli.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to a medium size skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and stir until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook just until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add remaining butter, cube by cube, stirring until each one is melted into the sauce. Stir in lemon juice.
- While the sauce is cooking, add the ravioli gently to the boiling water (I like to lower them in with a slotted spoon) and cook according to package directions until just done, usually about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and put in a single layer on a plate until the sauce is finished.
- Divide the ravioli between four plates, and add three shrimp to each plate. Spoon a generous portion of sauce over each serving, garnish with shaved parmesan and serve at once!