- 5–6 large Yukon gold potatoes (these make the BEST mashed potatoes!)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup warmed milk (whole or 2% works best)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten to blend
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into chunks and place them in a large pot. Cover them with water and bring the water to a boil. Turn the water down to a simmer and cook them until they are tender, 10-15 minutes (test them by sticking a knife into one of the chunks – it should give easily). Drain and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a ricer. (I like the consistency you get with a masher.)
- Add the butter and sir until well incorporating. It’s important to add the butter before any of the other ingredients for the very best mashed potatoes!
- Stir in the cream cheese, and then pour in the milk in 1/4 cup increments until the potatoes are the consistency you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, and then spoon the whole thing into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden on top. Cool for 5 minutes and serve!