- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs,
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (this is to keep the first omelet warm while you cook the second one)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add cherry tomatoes and vinegar and saute until just soft, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix ricotta and Parmesan cheeses together along with chives and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter in an 8 inch saute pan over medium heat. Beat two eggs together well while the butter is melting.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook until eggs are just set, pushing the sides of the omelet towards the middle and letting the uncooked egg spill towards the edges.
- When the eggs are soft set, which will take about 2-3 minutes, scoop a generous spoonful of the ricotta mixture into the center of the omelet and use your spatula to fold one side over the top of the cheese. Now slide the omelet carefully onto a warmed plate, folding the other side over the top as you slide. Place in the oven to keep warm while you make the second omelet.
- When both omelets are ready, top each one with half the cherry tomato mixture, scatter some chopped chives on top and serve at once.