The secret ingredient to this speedy minute ham and potato chowder recipe? Hint: you love them, and they are in the freezer section of your supermarket.
- 2 cups milk (whole milk works best)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- One 8 ounce cooked ham steak, cut into cubes
- Kernels from 2 ears of corn, or 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 scallions. sliced
- Put milk and broth into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add Tater Tots and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the Tots.
- When Tots are broken down, stir in ham and corn. Simmer for another few minutes until everything is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with chopped scallions and serve!