- 4 slices hearty white bread
- 6 thin slices rare roast beef
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Layer the roast beef and pear on two bread slices.
- Mash the blue cheese and the mayo with a fork and spread on the remaining two bread slices. Place those slices cheese side down on top of the slices with the roast beef and pear.
- Butter the outside of both sides of the sandwich.
- Place in a cold saute pan or electric griddle. Turn heat to medium and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden. Carefully flip to the other side and cook until that side is golden.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.