Everyone’s favorite sandwich, the creamy dreamy grilled cheese, now in casserole form! This grilled cheese sandwich casserole is easy and delicious.
- 4 cups cubed bread (I used ciabatta bread, but any nice country bread will do!)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into chucnks
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 and butter a 2 quart casserole
- Mix egg and milk together. Put bread cubes in a mixing bowl and pour the egg mixture over them and stir. Let sit for 20 minutes so the bread can soak up the egg.
- When the bread is nice and soaked, stir in the cheese and the tomatoes. Pour the whole mixture into the buttered casserole and top with butter. Grind some fresh ground pepper on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool for five minutes and serve!