- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 cups chardonnay white wine, chilled
- 1 lemon
- Make a simple syrup by combining the berries, the sugar and the water in a small pot and heating the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer, stirring every now and then, until the berries have broken down and the mixture is syrupy.
- Cool the syrup and then pour it through a fine mesh strainer into a 2 cup measuring cup, pressing down and stirring the solids with a spoon until you have gotten all the liquid out. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Right before you are read to serve, pour the wine into a large pitcher. Pour the simple syrup into the pitcher and stir until the wine and the syrup are well-combined.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice out of one half and add to the sangria. Cut the other half into slices or strips.
- Pour the sangria into wine glasses, garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!