- 1 cup white rice
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob and cobs discarded
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with tongs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add oil to skillet and return the heat to medium high. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, corn,and simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over warm rice.