- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cleaned and sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock (I like the Pacific and Imagine varieties in the box)
- 2 avocados, peel and pit removed
- Juice and zest from two limes
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and the leeks and stir until softened, about 5 minutes or so.
- Pour in the stock and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour the potato mixture carefully into a blender and pure until smooth. You may have to do this in batches, depending on your blender.
- Cool in the fridge until it is totally cool – this will take a few hours at least, and even better if you can leave it overnight.
- Add the avocado and lime juice and puree again until smooth. If it’s too thick for you, you can thin it with a little more chicken broth.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with lime zest and fresh ground pepper.