Turn ordinary grilled steak extraordinary with a simple caprese topping of tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil. Steak Caprese is destined to become your new summer favorite!
- 1 to 1/2 pound boneless steak (rib-eye, strip, top sirloin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella balls or cubes, room temperature
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Grill the steak to your liking, 4 minutes per side for rare, 8 minutes per side for medium well. Let rest for 5 minutes under foil, then slice thinly.
- While steak is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add tomatoes and saute until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange steak slices on a platter and scatter tomatoes, cheese and basil leaves over the top. Season with a little salt and fresh ground pepper and serve.