Want to make a perfect grilled steak every time? The key to perfect, crusty on the outside, juicy on the inside grilled steak is right in your pantry…and your freezer!
- 1 steak, 1-2 inches thick (boneless rib-eye or strip steak work the best)
- 1–2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1–2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Mix together the cornstarch and salt.
- Pat your steak as dry as you can with paper towels, then pat it all over with the cornstarch mixture.
- Place the steak on a plate in your freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to its highest temperature. After the steak has been in the freezer for 30 minutes, take it out and grill it for 4-8 minutes per side, depending on how rare or well-done you like it. Don’t move the steak while you are grilling it except to flip it over halfway through.
- After the steak is grilled, let it rest on the cutting board covered with foil for 5-7 minutes, then slice it against the grain and serve!