This easy basil and goat cheese skillet soufflé is easy, dependable, and totally delectable. It’s the perfect recipe to conquer your soufflé fears!
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces goat cheese, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375. Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a mixer until the egg white form firm peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy. Stir in cheese and basil, along with a generous grinding of fresh pepper.
- Mix egg yolk mixtures gently into egg whites until just combined.
- Melt butter in a 9 inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook without stirring until bottom is just set, about 1 minute or two. Transfer to oven and bake until eggs are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve at once.