- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- I shallot, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves and quarters
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Sliced fresh basil
- Make dressing by putting vinegar and oil in a jar and shaking vigorously. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place shallot, avocado, tomato and half of the feta in a bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently with clean hands. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide among plates and garnish with the rest of the crumbled feta and sliced basil. Serve at once.