A little Boursin cheese and a few herbs turn regular potato salad into something elegant! Trade in the mayo with this easy recipe for Boursin potato salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (red or yellow), rinsed
- 1 package Boursin cheese (any variety, but I like the pepper best!)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Coarse salt
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large pot. Bring to a boil and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool until you are able to handle them.
- While the potatoes are cooling make the dressing. Pop the cheese and lemon juice into a food processor and turn it on. Pour the buttermilk in a slow stream through the feeding tube until it reaches the consistency you like. Taste and add salt as needed (and pepper if you haven’t used the pepper variety of Boursin).
- Cut any larger potatoes in half and place all the potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the celery and the capers. Pour the dressing over the potatoes, and using clean hands, gently mix everything together until it is well-coated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.