These delicious no bake rum balls cookies require exactly no baking…and bet you can’t eat just one! Perfect for the holidays or any time.
- 1 3/4 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup Nilla Wafer fine crumbs (from about 1 1/2 cups cookies processed to crumbs in food processor)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (from about 3/4 cup walnut pieces processed to crumbs in food processor)
- 6 tablespoons soft butter
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Combine sugar, cookie crumbs, walnuts, butter, 2 tablespoons water and extract in mixer. Mix until a stiff dough forms, adding another tablespoon of water if needed to make the dough come together.
- Take scant tablespoons of dough and roll them in your hands into ball shapes, and then roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- If you want them a little firmer, pop them in the fridge for an hour or so, which will make the butter harden up and the rum balls firmer.