- 1 cup grits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, soft cooked your favorite way (poached, fried or soft-boiled)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare grits according to package directions. Grits usually take about 45 minutes to cook to their best consistency.
- Stir in butter until fully melted. Taste and season with salt and fresh ground pepper as needed.
- Reserve a little of the crumbled bacon and stir the rest into the grits until evenly distributed.
- Divide the grits between bowls. Nestle the eggs into the grits and sprinkle with reserved bacon. Just before serving, break into each egg so the yolk melts down into the grits, and grind a little more fresh pepper on top. Enjoy at once!