- 8 ounces short pasta (elbows, cavatappi, etc)
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- Fresh basil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water and drain. Return to pot.
- Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Add ricotta and stir gently until ricotta is worked into the pasta.
- Pour a little pasta water into the pot until you have a very light sauce.
- Divide among plates. Grind fresh pepper on top, scatter basil leaves on each plate and serve.