- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup currants, raisins or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until well-combined.
- Mix together cream, vanilla and eggs. Take 2 tablespoons out of this mixture and set aside.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, add currants and mix as lightly as possible until just combined.
- Pat dough into a 12 inch circle and cut it into 12 wedges. Arrange them on the cookie sheet, tucking the pointed ends underneath.
- Brush the tops with the reserved cream mixture and sprinkle with a little sugar (you can use regular but sometimes my mom uses the coarse decorative sugar crystals.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a rack for as long as you can stand it before you dive in.