- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco or other hot sauce
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Celery sticks, pretzels or whatever else you like for dipping
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan. Mash with a potato masher or a ricer until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and butter and mix until well combined. Slowly pour in milk while stirring until the potatoes are a dip-like consistency.
- Mix in chives and bacon. Taste and then season to your liking with salt and pepper. Stir in a few drops of hot sauce and drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer to a pretty bowl and serve with your choice of veggies, pretzels and/or chips!