- 10 pieces of thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 ounces milk or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a metal cooling rack on the baking sheet.
- Thread one piece of bacon onto each of 10 wooden skewers, ribbon-candy style.
- Place skewers on the rack and paint each side liberally with maple syrup.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn the skewers over and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Heat the cream to boiling, then pour over the chopped chocolate. Let it stand for 5 minutes, then stir until you have a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Drizzle the chocolate over one side of the bacon skewers, either with a spoon or by putting the chocolate sauce in a plastic zippered bag, cutting off one corner and squeezing the sauce out through the corner. Pop the skewers in the fridge until the chocolate is set, then enjoy!