Take your baked potato to a whole new level by stuffing it with clam chowder fixings! Have your favorite soup and your favorite veggie all in one delicious meal with this easy recipe for clam chowder baked potatoes.
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 6 ounce cans minced or chopped clams, drained and juice reserved
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and get out a rimmed baking dish.
- Cook potatoes by microwaving them for 8 minutes or until tender, turning them over halfway through.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut an oval in the top of each of them. Carefully scoop out the insides and put in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add shallot and celery and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup reserved clam juice and 2 tablespoons butter to potato insides and mash well. Add heavy cream in small amounts until the potatoes are the consistency you like (they should look like regular mashed potatoes – you might not need all the cream).
- Stir celery mixture and minced clams into the potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the potato shells with the mashed potato mixture. Place potatoes on the baking paan and bake until warmed through, about 10-15 minutes. Serve at once.