- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 stick butter
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip the chicken first into the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, pressing them slightly so they stick. Gently lay them into the hot oil and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet. When it is melted, add the sage and the lemon juice and cook for about another minute until the sage leaves are slightly crispy. Pour the butter sauce into a heat-proof measuring cup.
- Put one chicken scallopine on each plate, drizzle with the butter sauce, scatter some of the crispy sage leaves on top and serve.