- 1 1/3 pounds well-marbled chuck or sirloin steak
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste
- 4 hamburger rolls, warmed
- For garnish: chopped hardboiled egg, capers, lemon juice, chopped onion – your choice!
- Cut steak into small chunks and put into food processor with the shallot, garlic and capers. Pulse the food processor in short bursts until the meat is finely chopped (don’t let it get pasty).
- Transfer meat to a bowl and using clean hands, gently mix with the parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce and gently form into 4 burgers.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium high and cook burgers for 3 minutes on one side and another 1-2 on second side for rare, or longer if you like them done more. Transfer to buns, garnish with your choice of toppings and serve!