- 6 slices bacon, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 leeks, trimmed to just the white and pale green parts, cleaned and sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces pappardelle or fettuccine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until done. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- With heat turned to medium high, sauté leeks in bacon drippings until tender, about 3 minutes. Add cream and thyme to skillet and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meantime, cook pasta according to package directions (make sure to salt that pasta water!). Reserve a cup of pasta water and drain.
- Add drained pasta, cheese and bacon to sauce in skillet and toss to coat. Add pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce (you might not need all of it). Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve at once on warmed plates.