- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil and one tablespoon of butter. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and saute for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add chives, lemon juice, mustard and parsley to skillet and stir. Whisk in broth and then brandy, stirring until heated through and smooth. Whisk in remaining butter. Carefully pour sauce from skillet into Pyrex measuring cup.
- Pour a little puddle of sauce onto each plate. Top with a chicken cutlet and then drizzle remaining sauce on top. Serve at once.