- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 3 cups chicken broth (I like the boxed Pacific and Imagine varieties)
- 6 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 13×9 inch or similar capacity casserole.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat and saute onion and celery until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Put sauteed veggies in a large bowl with all remaining ingredients except for chicken. Let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon half the mixture into the casserole. Top with the chicken, and then with the other half of the cornbread mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.