This delicious and hearty recipe for roasted Dijon chicken and vegetables looks like it takes all day, but is quick enough for a weekday supper!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear the chicken breasts until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, stir poultry seasoning into mustard. When chicken is browned, brush the skin sides with the mustard mixture and place in heavy roasting pan.
- Toss vegetables with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper and add to pan. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving platter or individual dishes. Garnish with parsley, grind pepper on top and serve.