This fried egg and bread, otherwise known as fancy egg in a hole, is easy delicious comfort food at its most basic! Perfect for breakfast or a light lunch.
- 1 slice of your favorite bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Tear a 3 inch round hole in the center of your bread. Butter both sides of the bread with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Fry the bread until just golden on each side.
- When the second side of the break is lightly golden break the egg gently into the hole. Fry the egg until it is done to your liking – you can even flip it if you are an over easy sort of egg person.
- When the egg is done remove to a plate. Add the vinegar, water and remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet and stir until the butter is melted, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Drizzle the vinegar sauce over the egg, garnish with parsley and fresh ground pepper and eat at once. Feel instantly better.