Brown sugar crinkle cookies take your everyday sugar cookie to all new heights of wonderfulness! Try this easy recipe and fill up your cookie jar.
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Granulated sugar for rolling
- Place brown sugar, butter, spices and the egg and egg white in a mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until well combined.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda and slowly add to brown sugar mixture, beating at low speed.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for a half hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll one tablespoon portions of dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheets about 2 inches part and press down gently on dough balls with the bottom of a drinking glass until slightly flattened (dough will crack a little).
- Bake for 11 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack to cool (but make sure you try at least one while they are still warm!).