- 25 vanilla (Nilla) wafers
- One 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- One 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed hard peppermint candy, plus extra for garnish
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Arrange 25 mini foil cupcake wrappers on a cookie sheet.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy. Stir in condensed milk, candy and food coloring until well-combined. Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into cupcake wrappers and freeze until set, a minimum of four hours.
- Before serving, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- If you are going to serve these out of the wrappers (you can serve them with or without, depending on how fancy you want to be), remove the wrappers before garnishing with a spoonful of whipped cream and a little chopped peppermint.
These are a little messy to eat by hand, so if you are serving these for a fancy dinner, take the wrappers off after they are set and re-freeze them until you are ready to garnish and serve with forks. Otherwise just let your guests unwrap them on their own, and have napkins ready!