- 2 cups chardonnay or other full-bodied white wine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons butter, a large pinch of salt and cayenne pepper in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, turn heat down and simmer until the wine is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
- While sauce reduces, peel and butterfly shrimp.
- When sauce is reduced, add shrimp to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining butter and cream and stir until heated through. Add more salt and cayenne pepper as needed. Divide shrimp among plates, spoon sauce over the top, garnish with parsley and serve.