This simple recipe for creamy artichoke dip is a festive appetizer for any dinner party! And it’s got a secret ingredient that will keep folks guessing.
- 4 slices white bread with crusts removed, torn into small pieces
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 nine ounce box of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2/3 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Put bread in a bowl and pour one cup of water over it. Using clean hands, squeeze as much water as you can out of the bread and then put the wet bread into your food processor.
- Add the anchovies and artichokes to the food processor and process until everything is pureed together.
- Now slowly pour the oil through the feeding tube while the processor is running. Do the same with the lemon juice until everything is nice and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish, drizzle with a little more oil and sprinkle with fresh chives. Serve with bread, chips and/or veggies – endive is especially nice!