- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 1/4 pound pancetta or thick cut bacon, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add pancetta and cook until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon, leaving oil in the skillet.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and add to the pan, adding more olive oil if the pan looks dry. Cook until golden on each side and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and put on a plate.
- Add Marsala wine to the skillet and cook over medium high heat for one minute, stirring up any cooked on bits from the bottom of the pan. Add cream and simmer for an additional two minutes.
- Return chicken and pancetta to the skillet and turn the chicken over a time or two until it is covered in sauce and reheated about a minute.
- Place chicken on plates, pour sauce over and garnish with parsley.