What’s better than brownies? Brownies topped with cookie dough! Make yourself a batch with this fun recipe.
- 1 package brownie mix, plus ingredients to prepare it
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (see note)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare brownies according to package directions, using a 13×9 inch pan lined with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Allow the foil to extend over the edges as this will let you lift the brownies out of the pan easily. Cool completely.
- When brownies are cooled, lift them carefully out of the pan, using the foil edges as a handle, and place on a cutting surface.
- Combine butter, sugars, milk and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Stir in flour until completely combined, then stir in chocolate chips. (This will give you a “cookie dough” that is perfectly safe to eat, as there are no raw eggs in it.)
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on top of the cooled brownie. Using your fingers, gently press down on the dough until it is spread evenly across the top of the brownie.
- Cut the brownies into small squares (a pizza cutter works well for this if you have one!) and serve.
There’s some concern out there about eating things with raw flour in them, but you can always toast the flour. Here’s more info in this handy article from Epicurious!