- 1 pound cooked ham steak or steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steaks and cook until they start to turn brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside, covering them with foil to keep warm.
- Add coffee, cream and sugar to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir around with the pan drippings, and simmer for about 5 minutes. This is a thin gravy…you are simmering it mainly to have the flavors come together, not to thicken it.
- Transfer ham to plates or a platter and pour some of the gravy on top. Pour the rest of the gravy into a heat-proof pitcher or gravy boat for folks who want even more! This dish is wonderful served over grits, but mashed potatoes would be great as well!