- 4 tablespoons butter
- One leek, rinsed well, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Melt butter over medium heat and saute leeks until soft, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat over to 400. Roll out puff pastry to a 12×10 inch rectangle, and then cut in half length-wise to make two 12 x 5 inch rectangles. Cut about halfway through the dough about 1/2 inch edge all the way around to form a border. Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Heat the honey in the microwave until liquid, about 15 seconds. Divide between the two pieces of dough and spread to the edges.
- Scatter the leeks and cheese evenly between each tart. If you have any pan drippings from the leeks, drizzle that on top as well. Grind fresh pepper over each tart.
- Bake until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes, cut into triangles (a pizza cutter works great for this), scatter fresh thyme over the top and serve!