This easy recipe for warm shrimp and blue cheese pasta salad combines three of your favorite ingredients in one easy to make dinner!
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces short pasta (penne, rotini, ziti, etc)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt generously. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Scoop out shrimp and cool in a bowl of cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the same pot of boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1-2 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Scoop out and cool in cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Add pasta to the same pot and cook according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Add oil and garlic to large skillet and cook garlic over medium high heat for one minute. Add cream and blue cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add shrimp, asparagus and pasta to skillet and toss until coated with sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with additional crumbled blue cheese and serve.