Crab cakes move over! The crispy shrimp cakes are in town, and they are full of delectable seafood goodness. Perfect with a squeeze of lemon and a salad.
- 1 pound finely chopped peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Combine all ingredients except oil and lemon together and form into 8 patties. They will be soft and loose – don’t worry! Chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add patties to skillet – you may find it easiest to help them along by transferring them from the plate to the skillet with a spatula.
- Fry each side until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.