- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 to 1/2 inches)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 12 slices bacon, cut into one inch pieces, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 scallions, sliced into thin circles
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, outside leaves and tops removed and saved for another use (you want the firm inside leaves only), torn into bite-sized pieces
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large pot. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender but not mushy, 12-15 minutes. Drain, place in large mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayo, scallions and remaining vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon, lettuce and tomatoes to the bowl with the potatoes. Gently mix in the dressing, and then scatter the chives on top.