Turn the classic Bloody Mary cocktail into an unexpected summer Bloody Mary salad by just rearranging the ingredients a little!
- 4–6 ripe heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch of celery, cut into 2 inch sections. Include some of the leaves!
- 1/8 cup capers (you can substitute olives if you like)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vodka (you can substitute white wine vinegar for the vodka if you like)
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds, plus extra for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper and coarse salt
- Gently combine tomatoes, celery and capers in a salad bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except for salt and pepper in a jar with a tight lid (mason jars are great for this). Shake vigorously until well combined, and then add salt and pepper to taste. If it’s not spicy enough for you, shake in some Tabasco!
- Pour dressing over salad and mix gently. Garnish with a scattering of celery seeds and serve.