Fresh strawberries meet fresh lemonade in this refreshing recipe for strawberry lemonade! The perfect cool and colorful summertime beverage.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- Ice cubes
- Combine sugar, 1 cup of water and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer, pressing down on the solids to get all the good juice out.
- Strain the cooled lemon sugar syrup through a fine mesh strainer.
- Combine the syrup, the strawberry puree, the lemon juice and the remaining water in a large pitcher and stir. Add ice cubes and serve!