Grilled figs with goat cheese and prosciutto are a wonderful summer treat! So the next time you see figs for sale, snap them up and make this appetizer.
- 12 good-sized fresh figs
- 1/4 cup cheese, room temperature
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Cut a slit in the side of each fig and gently pull the fig open. Push a spoonful of goat cheese into each fig.
- Wrap each fig securely with a piece of prosciutto, making sure the prosciutto covers the opening where the cheese is. You can use a toothpick to secure the prosciutto if you want to be extra sure it stays in place…if you do, use wooden ones (not plastic) and soak them in some water ahead of time so the grill doesn’t make them catch fire.
- Grill the figs about 1-2 minutes per side until the prosciutto starts to get a little crispy.
- Mix the vinegar and honey together, drizzle over the grilled figs and serve!