Grilled Caesar salad takes this salad favorite to all new flavor heights in this easy recipe! The grill adds a lovely new flavor to this classic side dish.
Dressing Ingredients (see note)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, tops and bottoms trimmed (make sure you leave enough of the bottom core to hold the lettuce together) and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make the dressing: mash the garlic together with the anchovies until they make a paste. Put the paste in a small bowl and whisk in the egg yolks and the mustard. Now add the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking as you go, until combined. Add the Worcestershire sauce and vinegar, give it a taste and add pepper as needed.
- Brush the lettuce quarters with olive oil. Grill them over medium flame until they are golden and a little charred in places, about 1-2 minutes.
- Take them off the grill and brush them thoroughly with the dressing, working some of the dressing in between the outer leaves. Put them back on the grill and sprinkle with cheese. Close the cover for about a minute, just until the cheese starts to toast.
- Take lettuce off the grill and serve!
You can of course use your favorite prepared Caesar salad dressing if you want to make this recipe even speedier!