- One 9 ounce package refrigerated agnolotti or ravioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, plus extra for garnish
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook agnolotti according to package directions and remove from pasta water with slotted spoon.
- While pasta is cooking, make sauce by melting butter in medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts and stir until lightly toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon, keeping butter in pan.
- Add shallots and chopped sage to skillet and stir for one minute. Add wine and cream and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir parmesan cheese into sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta between two plates and pour sauce on top. Garnish with walnuts, sage leaves and freshly ground pepper and serve at once.