Grilled shrimp and scallops with mint make a healthy, delicious dinner when you steam them on the grill in this easy recipe for grilled seafood packets. Bonus points: almost no clean-up involved! How scrumptious is that?
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 16 large sea scallops
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Juice from two lemons
- 8 stalks fresh mint, plus extra leaves for garnish
- 4 cups freshly cooked pasta or rice
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Heat grill to high.
- Take eight pieces of heavy duty foil (about one foot each) and stack them in sets of two to make a double layer of foil for each packet. Divide shrimp, scallops and sausage evenly among the four foil packets.
- Top each seafood pile with equal amounts of garlic and lemon juice. Take two stalks of mint per packet, crush them gently between your palms and add to packet. Grind a little fresh pepper on top, and then bring up the edges of each packet and seal tightly.
- Put the packets on the grill, close the lid and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on how large your seafood is.
- Remove the packets from the grill and using tongs, carefully open the packets. Don’t get your fingers too close to the steam. Pour the contents of the packets, including all juices, onto plates of rice or pasta.
- Drizzle each plate with a tablespoon of olive oil, scatter a little fresh chopped mint on each, grind some pepper on top and serve at once with lemon wedges on the side.