- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Pour cream into stand mixer with whisk attachment. Cover outside of mixer with plastic wrap to prevent splashing and turn mixer on medium high.
- Beat cream until the solids have separate and turned yellow, about 8-10 minutes.
- Strain solids from liquids using a fine mesh strainer. Take solids on your hands and squeeze until you have gotten as much liquid out as possible.
- If you like your butter salted, add sea salt in 1/8 teaspoon increments until it has the flavor you like.
- Store in covered container in the fridge – butter will keep for about 5 days or so.